Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Curiosty Killed The Cat

He, that man, let me start from the beginning. I got curious. I wanted to see that book. The old man left it on a table. I opened it. Names, there were names in that book and beneath those name stories. I skimmed through it, but I felt a presence behind me. I turned around, still holding that book, and saw the old man staring at me. How long had he been there? I don't know. He could have been there ever since I opened that book. Then why didn't he tell me to stop?
I thought he was going to hit me, yell at me for doing something that I shouldn't do, so I panicked. I threw up my hands to protect myself but my hand must have hit his sunglasses. That man, where his eyes should be were holes. Just holes. He had no eyes and yet he was looking at me. He smiled. I gave him his book back. I gave him his sunglasses.

No eyes. That thing had eyes. Pitch black eyes and it would always stare at me and I would always hide underneath my blankets so that monster won't get me. I tried telling mommy about that monster but she told me it's not real. She didn't believe me. My dad told me it was my imagination. I tried telling him about the voice, the words of the beast, but he said it could have been the radio.

No, mustn't think about that thing. If I don't think about it...Who am I kidding? Ignoring my problem is not going to solve it. But how?

I don't think that old man was after me. Then, who was he after? I need to find that person someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment